Coming Back to Life
Meditation retreat drawing on Joanna Macy's Work That Reconnects
21st - 28th October 2011
Upper Macleay River
Theoretical Foundations of the Work that Reconnects
1. This world into which we are born and take our being is alive.
2. Our true nature is far more ancient and encompassing than the separate self defined by habit and society.
3. Our pain for the world springs from our interconnectedness with all beings from which also arises our power to act on their/our behalf.
4. When our pain for the world is experienced and validated, we reconnect with life and our mind retrieves natural clarity.
5. The experience of reconnection with the earth community arouses a desire to act on it's behalf.
Posted by lisa kelly